Friday, December 7, 2012

The Second Claims Counsel with Fidelity National Title Insurance Company

So I am now with a Claims Counsel in Chicago.  I do not quite understand this - I just receive a letter stating that I have a new office and counsel.  It does not make sense to me to transfer the claim from Walnut Creek, California near the subject property in the Napa Valley to Chicago but.............what do I know?

A document on November 18, 2008 Initial Fact and Claims Analysis states, "However, since these easements were included as insured parcels in Schedule A, we have provided coverage to our insured."

On December 30, 2008, the second Claims Counsel in Chicago wrote, "I have completed my investigation of your claim of loss resulting from a secondary easement insured by the Policy of Insurance as Parcels 2 through 5 of Schedule A but which was, in fact, not owned by the seller and was therefore not properly conveyed to you at the time of your purchase of the property in question.  Consequently coverage is appropriate as defined b the terms and conditions of CTLA Standard Coverage Policy of Title Insurance No. CAFNT0928-949-0003-0006211344-fntic-2004-01-0."

I never heard from Claims Counsel Number 2 again.  He just seemed to fall off the face of the earth.

On January 26, 2009 I finally called the first Claims Counsel in Walnut Creek who told me that the Chicago Office had been closed and that I had been assigned to my third Claims Counsel in Omaha Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment