Saturday, February 23, 2013

Properties owned by William P. Foley and the Foley Family

One of the things I found very interesting with my claim was that it was transferred from Walnut Creek California to Chicago and then Omaha and an appraiser from Boise Idaho was hired to value the property and the loss.

It seemed that no one who dealt with the claim was even vaguely familiar with the area.  Yet in my research of Mr. William P. Foley II and Foley Family Wines, I discovered that held in title by either Mr. Foley and his wife or Foley Family Wines is approximately half a dozen properties in Sonoma and Napa Counties.


And as I mapped out their properties (indicated with the orange arrows) I discovered that they encircle the property that was the subject of the claim.

So although Mr. Foley was not involved in the processing of my claim - there was at least one person with Fidelity National Title who I think I can assume if familiar with the area.  I wonder if he lost an almost mile long easement to one of his properties if he would think that the value was $0??  And I wonder if he had to make a title claim if he would chose Jim Gibson from Boise Idaho to compare his properties to American Canyon??  Definitely a couple of interesting questions.

2 comments:

  1. How does that insurance jingle go............Like a good neighbor ________ is [not] there !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - I do not feel that Fidelity National Title was like a good neighbor - and there for me. Although I always felt that I had great service from the escrow officers, my escrow officer was not there for me after the claim was filed - she told me that claims was not part of her job. And I certainly did not feel after I was transferred from Dennis Lucey in Walnut Creek to the various claims counsels in Chicago and Omaha - that they were there for me. In fact having read some of the emails, etc. that I received during discovery - I feel that they were there to protect the interests and bottom line (profits) of Fidelity National Title. And certainly the attorneys at the end of the chain for Fidelity, Richard McNeely and Edward Kunnes, were there to not only protect Fidelity National Title and their money but also to in the written responses to the complaint to find that I was somehow the guilty party for the having my preliminary title and Grant Deed include easements incorrectly - and then it appears a year later (although I was not told) correctly.

    Big sigh. No, I do not feel that Fidelity National Title was a good neighbor and there for me. I think the claims department is there for another reason than to protect the interests of their clients.

    ReplyDelete