Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Third Letter to the California Department of Insurance


K. McMullin
State of California Department of Insurance
Consumer Services and Market Conduct Branch Consumer Services Division
300 South Spring Street, South Tower
Los Angeles Ca  90013

Request for Assistance DOI File CSB-6459678

Ann Zollinger
PO Box 1675
Glen Ellen CA  95442

October 20, 2009

Re:         Fidelity National Title Group Inc.               Policy #609514
                Claim #301056

Dear Mr./Ms. McMullin,

I am respectfully requesting your assistance in the above referenced matter.

I spoke to Mr. Hansen more than a month ago and received a letter acknowledging the conversation that the original appraisal was done incorrectly and that a new appraisal and report would be ordered.  In that conversation we also discussed that a different appraisal company needed to be retained which had accurate knowledge of the Napa Valley as opposed to the first appraiser who was from Boise, Idaho.

Since then I have written, called and e-mailed Mr. Hansen to no avail.  I have also requested assistance from my title officer with Fidelity, Debbie Shelton.  Although not in the claims department she has attempted apparently also without results to assist me as the person who in essence sold me this insurance policy.

In short, I do not feel that I should need to retain an attorney and start legal proceedings in order to collect on an insurance claim which was actually begun on my behalf by a title officer with Fidelity National Title.    There is absolutely no dispute on either side as to the validity of this claim – only the amount of damages.  As it is my belief and I have provided evidence to Fidelity of a fairly substantial amount of damages, this appears as we have well exceeded a year that this is a deliberate move to not pay the claim as insured.

Thank you for your help and assistance with this matter and I look forward to its quick resolution.




Ann Zollinger


cc.  Jeff Hansen, Fidelity National Insurance
       Debbie Shelton, Fidelity National Insurance

2 comments:

  1. Okay now that I know you dont have an attorney.. well duh! Get an attorney!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that this blog is becoming a tome. I should have started it five years ago when this entire claim started. This is a letter from three years ago. I did hire an attorney and was forced into settling with Fidelity after what I felt was a threatening Settlement Conference - the truth was that just deposing their "experts" was going to cost a small fortune. The truth of the matter is fighting a huge 'for profit' corporation - you cannot win. I used to drive a Fiat Spider - and if one is in an accident with a semi - it really is not going to matter if you are right or wrong. You are going to lose. The most I feel I can do now is share my experience and explain to people why I WOULD NEVER USE NOR RECOMMEND FIDELITY NATIONAL TITLE COMPANY NOR FIDELITY NATIONAL TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY for anything.

      Delete