Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Claim with Fidelity National Title Got Very Complicated

My saga with Fidelity National Title spanned four very long gruesome years - and it appears that each instance that I have heard of with Fidelity have only one thing in common - their reluctance to open and pay claims.

Emails with this new person attempting to deal with Fidelity continues but other emails I cannot share at this time as her transaction is not complete.

"That sounds really complicated, with the historic part coming to light after the title not being in the sellers name. Plus the easement. What does historic mean, as far as vacant land? And what was the restriction on it for being historic---not being able to build on it?"

"Actually very complicated.  It was about easements that were across other property benefiting mine.  Fidelity included them in my prelim and grant deed.  I verified them with the title officer and he gave me the recorded docs.  One owner said no.  Fidelity agreed with her and opened my claim then during the course of the four year claim Fidelity then decided they were historic and therefore valid so I had no loss but I no longer owned the property.

So “historic” meant that although my seller did not have them in his grant deed it was decided by Fidelity (one of the methods they used to not pay the claim) that they did exist historically in the public records."

No comments:

Post a Comment