Friday, November 30, 2012

I Would Never Use Fidelity National Title Insurance Company Again

Well I settled with Fidelity for what I felt was pennies.  Their attorney began the settlement conference with a summation of what he felt they did (admitting later that he had not even read their documents) and then spent a huge amount of time "explaining to" (in my opinion threatening) with me all of the horrible things that can happen to me financially if the case went to trial using the example of how much I would owe to Fidelity even if I won and was only awarded a dollar.  It was all legal doctrine that to be honest I do not understand.

If I had it all to do over I never would have bothered with the lawsuit.  I spent thousands and thousands of hours now trying to get Fidelity to pay my claim - basically for nothing.  But over the next few weeks I am going to relate everything that happened yesterday for only one reason - so hopefully no one will ever have to go through what I did.

I did call my escrow officer yesterday after I left Walnut Creek to tell her that I thought she should seriously think of working for a different company.  Her response to the short version of the story was that insurance claims are not part of her job - but then I questioned her - if that is the case how could she sell Fidelity National Title insurance knowing that it may not insure the real estate of the person she is selling it to?  I do not think she is the person I thought she was for all of these years.

The only good thing about this situation is thank goodness that this happened to me and not the hundreds of clients that I referred to Fidelity for title insurance.

So I have to get some work done today but as time permits I will tell the entire story.  But my advise for today -  well I would Never Never Never use Fidelity National Title Insurance Company again.

No comments:

Post a Comment