Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Am I "bashing" Fidelity National Title

Yesterday someone commented (not in a negative way mind you) that I was bashing Fidelity National Title.

Bashing is defined as "to criticize (another) harshly, accusatory and threateningly."

First, I am trying to not "accuse" anyone of anything.  I am trying to explain what happened to me and also to ask questions of things that I do not understand.  And there is a lot I do not understand.

Perhaps all of my reporting and questions do seem harsh.  I think they are probing.

And finally, I am not threatening Fidelity National Title in any way.  I am not telling people to not use them for your escrow, title and title insurance needs.  Personally I would never use them again but that is my choice.

And the only threatening that was done if at all was the opening remarks by Richard McNeely, the trial attorney for Fidelity National Title.  He explained at great length how I could be especially financially harmed by continuing on with the lawsuit - potentially even if I won - I could owe Fidelity money.  I even wrote on my legal pad a note to myself that I felt threatened by his speech.  But I do not think I have ever threatened Fidelity National Title nor any of its various entities.