In the meantime - the last legal part of the lawsuit was requesting documents from Fidelity National Title. They were late in responding - I did not receive the thousands of pages until the Monday night before the Thursday morning Settlement Conference. And obviously many of them were repetitive as email responses can repeat the preceding emails dozens of times. I spent days pouring over these documents searching for clues and I am certain I did not find them all.
Along with the documents, Fidelity National Title accidentally sent a draft version of their response before sending the final version. There were very few changes - including not seeing an incomplete sentence that remained in the final version (I guess proof reading this document was not a high priority) - and it also seemed to me that many of their responses were an effort to avoid answering the request - but then I am not a lawyer.
What I did do is the following:
- Cut and paste every response made by Fidelity National Title to the original request - this was the only way I could make sense of it.
- Carefully read through each Request from my attorney and the Response from Fidelity National Title - most of their responses were repetitive - and did not really address the request but then again - I am not an attorney.
- I took some of the most relevant items that were either confusing or I felt were not addressing the request or I felt were trying to not send information - and I made jpegs of those - so that I can post them on this blog and comment on them.